Murray Primary Health Network (PHN) funds psychosocial support services across the Murray region on behalf of the Commonwealth government.
Psychosocial support is a term used to describe programs and activities which are designed to support people with severe mental illness and associated psychosocial disability to achieve their recovery goals.
Psychosocial support refers to practical assistance beyond clinical treatment, to help people with mental health problems improve their overall wellbeing and lead fulfilling lives.
- developing social skills and friendships
- building family relationships
- managing money
- developing work goals
- improving educational skills
- supporting NDIS and DSP applications
- staying physically well, including with exercise
- support with drug, alcohol and smoking issues
- building broader life skills including confidence and resilience.
What’s happening now?
Murray PHN wants to make sure that psychosocial recovery services are available to those people who need support right across the region.
From May to July 2023, we are completing a review of the Psychosocial Recovery Services program. We want to understand:
- Do you know about and have you been supported by the Psychosocial Recovery Services program?
- What have your experiences with the program been like? What parts of the program have been helpful for you?
- What changes could be made to make the program better?
- How can we better promote the program in rural and remote areas?
We’re looking for your thoughts and recommendations
Larter Consulting is supporting Murray PHN to gather this feedback from people with severe mental illness and their families / carers who might benefit from psychosocial recovery services.
Your input is valuable.
- Attend one of our community conversation sessions:
- Donald Community Centre
Tuesday 18 July 2023, 10am-12pm
- Wedderburn Community House
Tuesday 18 July 2023, 2pm-4pm
- Kerang – Northern District Community Health
Wednesday 19 July 2023, 10am-12pm
- Robinvale Network House
Thursday 20 July 2023, 10am-12pm
- Beechworth – Quercus Beechworth
Tuesday 25 July 2023, 1pm-3pm
- Myrtleford Neighbourhood Centre
Wednesday 26 July 2023, 10am-12pm
- Donald Community Centre
- Request a phone or video conference conversation by:
- sending an SMS to 0418 595 781 with the words RECOVER MURRAY or
- by emailing email@example.com.
If you would like more information or you are interested in attending one of our community conversation sessions, feel free to complete this short form. Registration is not compulsory, and you are welcome to join the sessions without signing up.
Reimbursement for your participation
In recognition of time and feedback, all eligible community members who contribute will be provided a $50 Coles / Woolworths gift card.
If you would like to learn more about this project or you would like to arrange a conversation, please contact:
Community feedback lead: Jo Grzelinska, firstname.lastname@example.org, call / SMS 0418 595 781
Murray PHN Psychosocial Recovery Services lead: Sharlene Green, email@example.com, 0428 664 287